Every December I take time to honour my last year life (2017 this time) and take an active part in creating the next version (2018 woo hoo) . This requires some introspection and note taking/writing and it is fun, illuminating and well worth the effort.
There are rules.
- You must do this with kindness, compassion and respect for yourself.
- You must raise your right hand and repeat, repeatedly: I was born worthy.
*You may do this with your inside voice; just do it often.
- You must assume that you have an angel designate that has your back.
- You must agree to share with other people only if you want to. Privacy is allowed.
- You must remember Rule 1.
Part 1. Do a Look-Back
Review your take on this past year. Write as many pages as you like. Remember that this is your take on it, not universal truth, and therefore open to interpretation. (See Rule 1).
- What did you want to accomplish and did or did not?
- List five things that you absolutely love about yourself. If you struggle, (if you are in the habit of criticizing yourself) go general. Love your lungs for doing their thing. Love your nice manners when you order your coffee or tea in the morning. Love your pretty toe-nails.
- List five things that you absolutely love about your life. Again, if you struggle, (if you are in the habit of criticizing yourself) go general. Love your warm bed. Love your clean water.
- Where can you give yourself more credit?
- Where were you scared and did it anyway?
Allow yourself the time to do this according to you. A day or two, an hour or two… A pot or two of tea is always nice.
Next week, Part 2. Do a Look-Around – Being Willing to See What is Not Serving You