Kale, kale kale … you are probably just as tired of hearing about this trendy green as I am.
I get it – it’s good for us. I’ve tried really hard to jump on this band-wagon but I’d just rather have spinach or arugula. I can’t help it.
However, I found this recipe on Oh She Glows not long ago & I must say – it may have transformed my relationship with the superfood.
Weekend Glow Kale Salad
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 large head of kale (about 4-6 cups)
1 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2-3/4 cup chopped carrot (2 small carrots)
1 English cucumber (2 cups chopped halves)
1 avocado, chopped
1 & 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes (or other variety)
1/2 cup mixed raisins and Goji berries
1/4 cup hemp seed
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Dressing: 1 batch of Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing ( Recipe HERE )
Your desired fresh or dried herbs
1. Chop vegetables and mix in a large mixing bowl. Reserve hemp seed and walnuts for sprinkling on top.
2. Make your Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Tear the leaves off of the kale and rip into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry kale leaves.
4. Mix the vegetables, kale leaves, and full batch of dressing (3/4-1 cup) in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
5. Place in fridge to ‘marinate’ for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4. Keeps in fridge in a sealed container for 1 day.
To make this salad, gather as many superfoods that you like:
Cucumber (great for skin!)
Raisins & goji berries (antioxidants)
Walnuts (Rich in omega 3 fatty acids)
Hemp Seeds (high in protein)
Carrot (great for eyes and skin)
For Angela’s full post & recipe for this delicious dish – visit Oh She Glows HERE
[ AUTHOR : Bekah Glass ]